1930 Census RI, son of Joseph and CelinaAlbert Vadenaes aka Vadenais is 18 years old, born about 1912. He lives with his Canadian-born parents Joseph O. and Celina Vadenaes and presumably his siblings Rodolphe, Gracia, Marie, and Gabrielle. He is a Crunter in the wool mill, and they live at 210 Cottage Street, Woonsocket, Providence, Rhode Island. I came across this young man during my search on Ancestry.com for Albert Vidunas. While the spelling of this name is odd -- okay, it is weird -- you COULD argue that it would pronounce as Vidunas. However, this is the only instance of living in Rhode Island. Although, it is close to Massachusetts. Let me do a bit more research ..... loading ..... Okay, got it. This is not of the Vidunas clan. I looked at the original census, and everyone except young Albert here was born in French Canada and spoke French. We can strike this name off of our list. If this is your ancestor, the hyperlink is above, and the link itself is down below, just in case you want to print this thing out.
Whew! A google search for "Crunter" is exhausting.
- Crunter is a surname
- Crunter is a shy lonely scrawny guy according to the Urban dictionary, and ... eww, don't look that up, please.
- Crunter is a type of character in Minecraft, and I found reference in WoW, but I didn't chase those down.
- Lots of mis-references to "Counter"
- Index of old European occupations here -- http://rmhh.co.uk/occup/index.html
- Webster's online dictionary has nothing
- Rootsweb's list of old occupations has nothing -- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~usgwkidz/oldjobs.htm
- Yourdictionary.com got lost
- I tried searching for jobs in a wool mill in 1930, with no results
- Let's look at that census again
- Well, it certainly looks like "crunter" in the census, but it probably is "counter" like brother Rodolphe.
- I still cannot find what this occupation might have been. I did find some interesting information about working in a wool mill here, with link below.
- Joseph and Celine Vadenais 1930 Census
- Working in a Wool Mill